The SERVE (Students Engaging in Rewarding Volunteer Experiences) Team aims to SERVE the Charlotte community and be advocates for student community engagement by offering monthly events. These students assist in the planning, recruiting, and implementation of monthly community engagement events that are mutually beneficial for the community partner they serve and the UNC Charlotte student volunteers. The SERVE Team helps make service the NORM at UNC Charlotte by cultivating a spirit of service.
Meetings take place on Mondays from 4:00-5:00 PM, every other week committee time and full group time.
SERVE Team is divided into six categories, each led by a Student Director:
- Housing & Food Insecurity
- Environment & Animals
- Advocacy & Awareness
- Youth & Education
- Public & Community Health
- 49er SERVE Committee
Requirements of SERVE Team Members:
- Serve on one committee in the following categories: Housing & Food Insecurity, Environment & Animals, Civic Engagement & Democracy, Youth & Education, Public & Community Health, 49er SERVE Committee
- Within the committee, take on one of three roles: Outreach, Education, Logistics
- Attend the SERVE Team Retreat in August 2023
- Attend weekly meetings: meetings take place on Mondays from 4:00-5:00 PM, every other week committee time and full group time.
- Attend Monthly Service Trainings/PILOT Workshops
- Actively support Leadership & Community Engagement programming by serving as a Student Leader for the 49er Days of service, including, but not limited to: Gold Rush Day of Service, MLK Day of Service, and an additional one each semester
Applications will be open March 27th - April 24th, 2023!
Approximately 15-20 students are accepted onto this team. Applicants must be current first years, sophomores or juniors returning to the University in the Fall semester and be in good standing with the University.
For questions, please contact Leadership & Community Engagement, located in the Popp Martin Student Union Room 280, at (704) 687-5323, or email Mikala Harvey, firstname.lastname@example.org.