Are you a graduate of one or more of the core Leadership & Community Engagement programs?
- Emerging Leaders
- Executive Leadership Program
- Leadership Fellows
- Leadership Journey Learning Community
- The LeaderShape Institute
- Women's Leadership Development Program
- or have achieved the Master’s Level Certification in PILOT
Then you are invited to apply for the UNC Charlotte Distinguished Leaders Medal!
This medal will be awarded to students who have completed at least one of the core leadership programs and who have demonstrated sound leadership while enrolled at UNC Charlotte.
This medal will be awarded to you prior to graduation and will be yours to proudly wear at Commencement.
The criteria for this recognition is as follows:
- Completion of one of the core leadership programs sponsored by Leadership & Community Engagement
- Minimum GPA of 2.5
- Good standing with the University
- Demonstrated leadership/involvement in campus organizations or leadership positions
- Graduating in December or May (Student's must apply for the medal in the semester that they are graduating)
For consideration for this honor, applicants must:
- Complete the Distinguished Leaders Medal application available via invitation.
- Submit at least one reference form from someone (an advisor or supervisor) who has seen you perform in a leadership role or successful project. Please note: the person completing your reference will submit both the recommendation form and a brief one-page statement regarding your application.
- Write a personal statement which reflects how you have applied and demonstrated the leadership skills and experiences you gained in Emerging Leaders, Leadership Fellows, Leadership Journey Learning Community, The LeaderShape Institute or Master’s Level Certification in PILOT. This statement is limited to 500 words and must be typed.
- Completed, signed applications, references, and personal statements are due to Leadership and Community Engagement by the deadline.
All applicants will be notified of their status. Medals will be awarded at the department's banquet in April or at a December reception.
Application will be available in the fall semester.